Friday, January 4, 2008

A walk back in time

Since some people have been wanting pictures, we'll go back in time. (Hopefully it won't confuse anyone!)

Here's a "snapshot" of our last couple of months:
Aren't I funny?

Karissa and I have been taking sewing lessons from a lady at church. For her first project, Karissa made a simple jean skirt with an elastic waist. I hemmed a pair of Matt's pants. For our second project, we bit off a little more than we could chew. We decided to make matching flannel pajamas for all four kids as a Christmas present from Karissa and I. They got to open them on Christmas Eve. This is right before bed on Christmas Eve. Karissa's nightgown doesn't have buttons and buttonholes yet. I didn't get that far. Hers needed it the least and she was in on the surprise. They've been wearing them a lot and they look really cute!



Here are the kids before church on Christmas Eve. There is only one picture where Rachel is smiling and of course, no one else is looking OR smiling. So, this is the best you get!



Micah, our very persistant young lad, built a snowman on a day with TERRIBLE packing snow. It was dry and windy and really cold. He was out there for HOURS patting and patting the snow until he could make balls out of it. I think he just melted the snow with heat from his hands. We were so proud of him for not giving up.




Cutie-pie Garrett having fun in the snow:



Here is a treasured picture from Rachel's birthday party on November 17. It includes Matt's Granny, all four of our parents, Matt's sisters and our whole immediate family. Too bad that we couldn't get the other 3 Great Grandmas in there. But still, it's not often that we can all be together. It was taken right before everyone left for the night.



Rachel and her cupcakes:






Rachel with the pumpkin pie that we shared on our actual birthday (November 11):




The Birthday Girls in the morning before church:



Here are some pictures from November 4 when we were TRYING to get a decent picture for Christmas cards (which didn't get done anyway with everyone being sick):












How do those of you with more than two kids EVER get good pictures? Heather? Kim? Angie? Anyone from the Woodshed? I've seen some of your pictures and they are much better than these!

If you are interested in more pictures from Rachel's birthday party, my mom has some at her blog: http://bradleyupdates-godisgood.blogspot.com

I was having trouble getting the link to work today. So, you'll have to cut and paste.

1 comment:

Mo said...

What sweet kids you have.