Garrett has loved hats and shoes for as long as he could get them on. He loves to try on shoes and hats belonging to anyone and everyone! He likes every style and color. He thinks they are WONDERFUL!
Last night, he came up with a new hat or, more correctly, a new crown. I left the dinner table before everyone else last night and was busy getting some things done. A little bit after everyone had left the table and it was cleared, I heard the shower running, but I saw Micah and Karissa running around the house still. When I went in the bathroom, I saw Matt standing in there and heard Garrett singing in the shower. I asked, "Did he get really dirty?" (He doesn't get a bath every single day and I didn't think he was that dirty yesterday.) His answer was surprising. "Well, his hair's a little dirty. He was the watermelon king." HUH? Apparently after Garrett finished eating his slice of watermelon, he decided that the quarter circle of rind would make a good "crown" and declared himself the "watermelon king." I asked Matt what his response was (wondering how much trouble Garrett had been in). I think Matt had a difficult time adequately reprimanding someone with a watermelon rind on their head. But as our friends the Sommerfelds have reminded us, "If it won't be cute in 3 years, you want to stop it now."
Sorry, but there are no pictures. Matt didn't want to encourage it that much!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wasn't it an empty bowl earlier in the day - the one that used to have blueberries in it?? I just had to chuckle. (Good thing I wasn't there! It would have been hard not to laugh out loud - and we know how much he loves to make people smile!)
I'm afraid I'd have laughed, and if Kaylee put a watermelon rind on her head as a crown at age 12, I'd probably still laugh. :)
I think Matt *did* laugh... and I know that I did when I heard about it (and Garrett was standing right there). He just didn't take a picture. We've been having watermelon a lot lately and we don't want a rind on his head every night. ;)
Post a Comment